12-1-14 Taking Stock
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I have so much to be thankful for!
I’m also recovering from the insanity that was Black Friday (and the research leading up to it). I bought an open-box Macbook Air from the Best Buy Outlet. My hope is that I’ll be able to run Photoshop, Lightroom 5 and Alien Exposure on it without issue. It was between that and the Microsoft Surface Pro 3, but it came down to, strangely, the price and the ease of use. I’ll also be writing on the go. I’m pretty excited, but it’s hard to spend that kind of money without some jitters and buyer’s remorse. Only time will tell if I’ve made the right decision.
And now that it’s the First of December, it’s a good time to take stock of my various writing/photo/video projects:
– There’s this blog, of course and concert reviews/photography
– There’s a sci-fi comedy pilot I shot at Youtube Open Space NY before it moved over to Chelsea market. I’ve just GOT to edit it.
– Continue studying After Effects
– I need to type up my written pages of a Children’s comedy story I’ve been writing. It’s about half-written at this point and I’d like to write more.
– I’d really like to read The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload by Daniel J. Levitin. Because, well, I’m feel like I have a bad case of information overload.
– Shoot more street photography with my used Nikon 35mm f/2.8 lens!!
– Use my Epson Perfection V600 scanner to scan some 35mm slides.
– I’m really excited that I’m currently on Page 2 of Google Search for the phrase “writer photographer nyc blog” so I’d like to do a little more Search Engine Optimization to make sure I’m running as tight a ship as possible (I’ve been reading up on SEO).
Oh, here’s a link to Cyber Monday deals at B&H Photo Video!